Sunday, January 31, 2010

"Till you've finally found your true place, Till you know your original face"


I am ready for change. I'm no longer satisfied with being mediocre. I want to make a difference. Time is no longer going to pass me by, while I watch complacently. The things of the world are beginning to have less and less appeal. They are fleeting, and of little importance in the scheme of things. The amusements of the world will not bring lasting joy. How have I been so selfish for so long? When did my self interest take a higher priority than doing what is right?

Unlike generations that have gone before us, this generation hates pretending that everything is alright. We're not about putting our best foot forward and sweeping problems under the rug. We allow our raw emotions to be seen and talked about, even if it hurts. We crave transparency, even if this exposes all of our flaws. We want to love more, we let ourselves cry more, and it's not only OK, it's what we long for.

Last night I heard a good description of a well known analogy. There are two paths to take in the world. One is beautiful, and very appealing at the beginning. It is wide, and highly traveled. The problem is that it leads to destruction and death. The second path doesn't look so appealing. It's bumpy, and it's difficult. It is a narrow path, and it's not a popular one. It's destination however, is true joy, and pure delight.

Right now I am in a strange, yet interesting place. I'm trying to figure out what on earth I'm here for. At the same time, I'm trying to form new habits and set new standards for myself. New boundary lines need to be drawn. I know that it won't all be pleasant, but it will be worth it in the end.

No comments: