Monday, January 25, 2010

The last day like this.


I wake up feeling tired, yet again. After pressing the snooze button twice, I do not have the time to take my time. I drag myself to the shower as quickly as possible, squinting the entire way. I look out the bathroom window while the water heats, another cloudy day. I find an occasional cloudy day relaxing and reflective, but this many days in a row could make Doris gloomy.

I clock in at work at 9AM. I am still tired, and wondering why my coffee no longer has any effect on me. I sit groggily at the computer for most of the day. What feels like 5 minutes later, I look at the clock and see it's already 5:30. I leave work wondering what happened, and what I did all day. I can no longer tell any days apart. Monday I thought it was Friday. Wishful thinking?

Starting tomorrow, things are going to change. I want to really live in the moment. I don't want time to pass me by. I want to be truly happy. I want to seek out the needs of others and help them in anyway I can. I am sure that is the key to true happiness, and here is why. The happiest people I know, are the biggest givers. Notice I didn't say the happiest people I know are the ones who are involved in every organization possible and they're stretched so thin, that they're stressed. Being a generous person doesn't have to look impressive on paper. It just has to impress upon someone in your life. That being said, my new goal is to find a place of need and fill it.

Goodnight.

1 comment:

carina said...

I love the new layout Kristina!