Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Romance


I hate to disappoint all of those that clicked on this post in order to settle in with chocolates and a glass (bottle for some of you) of wine, but we're not talking about romance as in a relationship. We are talking about romance the way the second meaning in the dictionary describes as: 2. A mysterious or fascinating quality or appeal, as of something adventurous, heroic, or strangely beautiful.

Ever since I was a child I romanticized everything. I would go outside, look longingly at the stars and just let my thoughts wrap me in a blanket of tranquility. This was the driving force behind asking my parents for a telescope from Sam's' and for several star gazing kits. I would also go to the bottom of the bowl like deep end of our 10 foot, kidney shaped, swimming pool. Here I would keep my eyes open and look at the sun beams all around me. To me it was just dazzling. This of course led to red, chlorine saturated eyes, but I did not mind.

This blog is not intended for reminiscing about my childhood. I said all all of the above to bring you to today. I am a 20 something, and still very much a romantic. Ask any of my friends and they will tell you about my crazy antics over the years. Picnics in the large city park, Martha Stewartesque dinner parties, and jazz clubs where we were the the youngest patrons by far, are all on my resume of ideas. In the past few years I have tried to be more of a realist, but I realized something. It isn't very fun, and it isn't me! I also came to the conclusion that just because you enjoy lovely things does not mean you are pretentious.

Hopefully this sparked your interest so far and you will watch for new posts. Here's to the good life!

No comments: