Wednesday, November 11, 2009

1 dOwN, mAnY tO gO


Well folks I've actually done it! Tuesday I finished, A Field Guide to the Italian Mind, a book I have been working on reading since last spring. I know, it's actually very sad. I'm not even going to admit how long it has been since I finished a book. Needless to say I am very happy about this. Now I can finally get to the next book in the stack on my nightstand. I should start with the one that has been there the longest, but I think I'll skip to the newest one. My boyfriend got me Julia Child's' book, My Life In France, for my birthday. I have been eyeing it up for a while so I might even start reading it today. I don't want to get out of habit of reading; I've got a good thing going with this one book streak and all ;)

If you're like me, you may have trouble finishing a book (or really anything at all), because you have the attention span of a dog. Another thing that prevents me from reading is people. I think if I was always reading at the same time as a friend who was next to me, I would read a lot. Growing up I got out of the habit because I didn't want to miss any of the chaos going on in our kitchen. I'm an adult now though, whether I like it or not, and the only thing keeping me from reading is myself. So I challenge you other non readers to give it another try, you might really enjoy the break from socializing. As I write this I wonder if anyone has read this blog except my boyfriend...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like this :) Keep readin' baby doll!