Monday, April 12, 2010

A new idea...Maybe

Warning, this post is going to be a spattering of updates on old posts.

After a long stint, I'm finally done with another book. I started, "My Life in France", by Julia Child in November and I just finished tonight. Granted, I was reading about six other books simultaneously. It was a very fun read. I love France, and I love food so how could I go wrong here?! I would like to try cooking a few of her recipes some day. Some sound gross, but I think others would be great. Julia said something that made me have one of those, "exactly", moments. She said, "Nothing is too much trouble if it turns out the way it should". Of course she was talking about food, but like so many things, a deeper meaning can be found and applied to our lives.

I'm currently shuffling through "Intercessory Prayer", and about to start a few new books as well. I'm trying to read the Bible in a year on top of that. I should blog about that. Yeah I think I will. I literally did start January 1 and am still going strong. Of course there have been days I skipped and read double the next day but I'm OK with that. Maybe if I blog about it, it will help me read no matter what.

PS: I'm up to running 4 miles now :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a good idea. This guy on Slate did a series of blogs as he read through the Bible a while back that were interesting. (ah here it is: http://www.slate.com/id/2150150/)


Too bad you don't have it on audiotape so you could listen as you run. You could get through a lot in 4 miles. Then again, it'd be hard to concentrate while running, so maybe not.

Unknown said...

Meg got a box of Cheerios with a book in it and I saw this and thought about the children's story you were working on: http://www.spoonfulsofstoriescontest.com/

You would obviously win.